Getting Inked

Everything and everyone has a story. Often, these stories are expressed through ink. Here I hope to share some experiences stated through the ink of tattoos and the ink of poetic writings. Some will be personal, and some will be through the lives of others.

If you have an inked story to share, let me know (jk.ink.mail@gmail.com). Send in a photo and your story and I will feature it here.

Even after the ink dries, the meaning underneath runs.

Enjoy.

2/4/09

When Under the Influence (of Friends, of Course)

Carrie's (NC) story of her first tattoo:

My first tattoo was done when I was 26 years old. I had it done at Myrtle Beach by a guy named Shane at Elite. I always wanted one but was too scared to go through with it. But I went to the beach with a bunch of my friends who all had tattoos already and wanted new ones. So I went with them. When I got there I was looking around and was like “I am not going to get one.” However, my friend told me that if I didn’t get one that he wouldn’t get his. So I watched another one of my friends get his done that same day and I decided okay, if I don’t do it now then I won’t ever do it.

So I got a butterfly. I love butterflies. At first when I sat down I was so nervous that I was biting by nails. It was crazy, but I got it on my right leg and I love it. I am ready for my second one already. I am planning a trip back sometime in the next month to get another one. He was great and I love his work.

Lessons to be learned from Carrie: 1) friends are persuasive, but only when you really wanted something in the first place 2) make sure you get something you will continue to enjoy, whims often become great memories 3) get one, you will likely want more

No comments: