Getting Inked

Everything and everyone has a story. Often, these stories are expressed through ink. Here I hope to share some experiences stated through the ink of tattoos and the ink of poetic writings. Some will be personal, and some will be through the lives of others.

If you have an inked story to share, let me know (jk.ink.mail@gmail.com). Send in a photo and your story and I will feature it here.

Even after the ink dries, the meaning underneath runs.

Enjoy.

4/6/09

Threefold

I had my sixth tatoo planned out already. But this was not it. So I guess it will have to wait to be number seven. This tattoo was much more spur of the moment, but no less meaningful. Three stars on the back of my neck. Initially, this was to represent my mom, my sister, and myself. Me and two women I could not live without. Each color represents I used to represent us are colors I have always used in my mind.

Of course, there are deeper meanings. The power of three is everywhere. Things come back to you threefold. Events happen in threes. The occurrence of three in many major religions. Three as a source of power and connectedness. Within and outside of oneself.

On a more simplistic level, I went with a new friend in a new town. He was going to treat himself to a birthday present and I tagged along. I think this is a good way to mark a point in my life. Starting a career in a new town and being on my own. No matter where I go from here, I have something to remind me of the great people and experiences I have already have and will have here. So maybe in a few years when I move who knows where, I will do this again.

This one was done at No Regrets Tattoos in Tallahassee. No better way to connect with friends than through some ink!

1 comment:

dyralston said...

Brought a tear to my eye!! I love you!